Previous Update – March 19, 2020
Beautiful Savior’s leadership has decided to suspend in-person worship services through at least April 1st. We will also suspend all in-person Bible Studies and Children’s ministries for this time frame. We will live stream worship services, and maintain our Sunday morning schedule so that we can continue to gather together as the church through God’s blessing of technology. Services will be live streamed on our Facebook page as well as www.bslclaporte.org/live. We will host a live on-line Bible Study at 11:00am on Sunday Morning. We will also strive to make more content available throughout the week, to keep you connected to God’s Word. Please look for additional e-mails and texts that will direct you to this content.
Original Post – March 15, 2020
Our community has now been flooded with messages of cancellations, postponements, and precautions in response to the new Coronavirus (COVID-19). What will we do as a church?
The safety and health of our church members and guests is a high priority for us. The following shares the steps we will take in response to COVID-19.
First, we will not allow fear to consume us. Nor will we give Satan the opportunity to use this virus to separate us from our God and his Word. Rather, we will pray that God would work through this evil for good. We will seize it as an opportunity to proclaim the peace and hope of Jesus to a fearful world.
It is important that we act with wisdom and love for the members of our community. We will take precautions. Beautiful Savior’s precautions will be guided primarily by our faith, but also the direction of our civil leaders, whom God has given for our good. We have taken into account the recommendations given by Indiana’s governor, Eric Holcomb, and the Indiana State Department of Health.
We will plan to continue to hold our weekend worship services, with the following precautions in place.
Steps you can take:
- Stay home if you are not feeling well or experience any cold-like symptoms, i.e. coughing, sneezing, runny nose, or fever.
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
- Avoid sharing personal items such as food, drinks, or utensils.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash, or by coughing into your elbow. Immediately wash your hands. Do NOT cover your cough with your hands.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after coughing, sneezing, or using the restroom.
- Use hand sanitizer with alcohol content of 60% or more when handwashing is NOT possible.
- Our worship and fellowship space will allow for “social distancing” between families. For the time being, please distance you and your family physically from other worshippers.
- Rather than shake hands or hug to greet one another, “air-five” or otherwise greet each, maintaining social distance of 6ft.
Steps Beautiful Savior will take:
- Routine cleaning and disinfecting will continue, with a special focus on often-used surfaces (door handles, countertops, and light switches.)
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at our entrance.
- Proper hand-washing instructions will be posted in our restrooms.
- Those who prepare communion elements will thoroughly wash hands and wear gloves.
- Fellowship snacks will no longer be served.
If you desire to remain at home, Beautiful Savior will utilize Facebook to live stream our worship. The Sunday message will be posted following worship. Time of Grace is also a great resource to remain connected to God’s Word and hear strong theological content.
Beautiful Savior will continue to monitor this situation and follow the instructions of our government officials. Any updates will be communicated via e-mail, text, and social media. Please follow our Facebook page or Instagram for those updates.
Beautiful Savior recommends you visit the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention website. This is the most comprehensive information available regarding all aspects of COVID-19.
Finally, pray. Ask God to pour out his peace and his healing upon those in our local and global community who are being affected by this virus.
If you are in need of assistance, please contact us.